Healthcare Worker COVID-19 Case
March 23, 2020
On Saturday, we shared with you news that a health care worker had tested positive for COVID-19. This person was masked and wearing appropriate PPE during the onset of mild symptoms. Please keep the following in mind:
- The infection was community acquired and everyone who was in contact with this person has been notified is being monitored.
- Exposure doesn’t mean you should stop working; Occupational Health and EIP have posted guidelines. View FAQs and guidelines here
Drive-up Testing Sites
Our ambulatory team has done a wonderful job getting two drive-up testing sites up and running last week. The site at 200 Manchester was ready to see UCI Health patients last Tuesday, having it operational in just a few days. The site at Gottschalk Medical Plaza began swabbing patients on Friday. This effort not only adds convenience for our patients, it relieves the demand on the Pav 3 clinic. Congratulations and a heartfelt thank you to all involved!
UCI Health Staff Treat Carts
Over the weekend, the Culinary and Nutrition and Patient Experience Guest Services teams launched a program to deliver treat care packages to UCI Health care teams. The entire UCI Health leadership team applauds their initiative to recognize colleagues’ hard work and dedication to patients during these challenging times. Though they weren’t able to reach every unit, their efforts will continue this week.
UCI Blood Donor Center Donation Request
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit the UCI Blood Donor Center hard and has stretched supplies available for our trauma program. If you are feeling well and healthy, please consider donating blood. Visit the UCI Blood Donor Center website to schedule a blood or platelet donation at the Medical Center site. Donations may be scheduled via telephone at 714-456-5733, or at the website
Offers of PPE
UCI Health has received several kind offers of PPE from members of our community. As inquiries role in, we will assess our needs and whether the materials are compliant. The current protocol for reviewing PPE offers are as follows:
- PPE or other supply offers will be forwarded to the attention of the UCI Health Supply Chain, Maurra Baruch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-456-3863.
- In collaboration with UCOP, who are validating and planning to coordinate resources system wide, our supply chain team will evaluate our needs and assess compliance.
- If offers involve donors, that information will be shared with our advancement team to manage those relationships.
Remote access information from IS
Dining services status
The UCI Human Resources Department has developed a coronavirus resources page that includes information about travel, telecommuting, child/elder care and more:https://hr.uci.edu/disaster-relief/corona-virus.php
Staff can contact any of the following resources with questions/concerns:
- UCI Coronavirus Response Center: 949.824.9918 or email@example.com
- Employee Experience Center: eec.hr.uci.edu or 949.824.0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your HR Business Partner (HRBP)
UC Health COVID-19 site
OC Health Care Agency COVID-19 updates
California Department of Public Health
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
Larry A. Anstine
Interim CEO, UCI Health