April 30 - Updates from the UCI Libraries
April 30, 2020
Dear Friends of the UCI Libraries:
During these uncertain times, we want to assure you that the UCI Libraries are working hard to serve the needs of our campus community. Although our physical doors are closed temporarily, we continue to provide the resources our students, faculty, and researchers need in support of their studies and world-class research. And we are hard at work on plans for a phased reopening when it is safe to do so.
While our employees are working remotely, we have adapted our services to meet the needs of our campus community, including:
- Updating the UCI Libraries website with quick links to popular requests and questions, including how to return or renew items, connecting to the Libraries remotely, and streaming media;
- Providing numerous resources for our students who are now studying remotely to receive help online, including 24/7 chat, online tutorials, and online research consultations;
- Creating easy navigation for students to connect with library employees and tips for research;
- Expanding the My Personal Librarian email series to send important updates, connect students to resources, and maintain the student connection with a dedicated librarian;
- Supporting our faculty who are now teaching remotely with information regarding Open Educational Resources (OER), as well as resources foraffordable course materials for teaching and learning during COVID-19.
As the gateway to knowledge, the UCI Libraries provide vital information and resources across all disciplines that are essential to UCI’s academic life. In an effort to continuously improve our outreach to and connection with the community we serve, I am pleased to share an exciting new chapter for our annual giving program. The Partners of the UCI Libraries has become the UCI Libraries’ Gateway Society.
Through annual membership gifts, the Gateway Society supports the library services and resources that advance student learning and faculty research and helps the Libraries provide essential services to our patrons. In addition, we recently updated our giving pages on the UCI Libraries website to provide supporters with more accessible information about the many ways your support helps the Libraries contribute to campus success.
We are grateful for the support of our friends and community and appreciate your patience as we navigate through these challenging times. Thank you.