IMPORTANT: Testing Requirement Information for Student Residents
September 4, 2020
UCI students were recently notified by Vice Chancellor Banks and I about COVID-19 testing requirements for all students on campus. Testing for students who have already moved into their campus residence will begin on Wed., September 9 and continue through Tues., September 15. You will receive an email next Tuesday (9/8/20) with a link to schedule your appointment for COVID-19 testing, so please be sure to check your UCI email on Tuesday for that link.
COVID-19 Testing Basics
What: Tests will be self-administered using a nasal swab, with instructions from an observer.
When: Testing will be weekdays, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. starting on Wed., September 9. Appointments will be made in 10 minute intervals.
Where: Tests will be administered in two outdoor locations—(1) in Verano Place, behind the housing office, and (2) in Plaza Verde (ACC), in the main courtyard outside the leasing office.
How: To make your testing appointment, follow the link that is provided on Tuesday, September 8, and select a time slot that works for you. Please add this appointment time and location to your calendar and set a reminder! With over 3,000 students to test in a short period of time, it will be difficult to reschedule missed appointments.
Results: The results of your COVID-19 test will be available through the Student Health portal within 72 hours. Students testing positive for coronavirus will be contacted with instructions for isolation and treatment.
On the Day of Your Test Appointment
- Do your Daily Symptom Check-in.
- If you are not showing symptoms, we look forward to seeing you at the test collection site.
- If you are showing symptoms, do not go to the test collection site. Please contact your primary care provider and the Student Health Centerat 949-824-5301 and follow their instructions.
- Students who arrive to the test collection site with symptoms will not be tested, and will be asked to reschedule.
- Know where you are going and give yourself enough time to get there.
- Verano Place Housing Office is located at the corner of California Drive and Adobe Circle Road, across from the Anteater Recreation Center (ARC).
- Plaza Verde main courtyard is located on the north side of Arroyo Drive near the intersection with California Drive and across from the Arroyo Vista housing office. Due to limited available parking in the area, residents are encouraged to walk to the testing location from their on-campus residence.
- Plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Remember to bring:
- Face covering (and a spare face covering).
- Your Student ID card and another form of picture ID.
Please do not bring any guests with you to your test appointment, unless absolutely necessary. The entire process should take approximately 15 minutes.
- Currently, we are testing students only. If you have family members or dependents that want to be tested, please refer to the following county test sites found on this website.
- If you have a disability that prevents you from taking a nasal swab test, please contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301.
- We urge you to do your best to keep your appointment. However, if you miss your testing appointment or need to cancel your appointment, please go back into the Student Health portal at osh.chs.uci.edu to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation with this testing process. While it may pose a minor inconvenience, testing is a critical component to our ability to maintain the health and well-being of the campus community and prevent the spread during this public health challenge.
We wish all UCI students a healthy and productive fall quarter!
Albert S. Chang, MD, MPH
UCI Student Health Center