Daily Symptom Check Updates and Reminders
September 16, 2020
Over the course of the summer we onboarded 20,000 students to the Daily Symptom Check system. The Daily Symptom Check helps maintain the health and wellbeing of the Anteater Community as we prepare for the upcoming Fall Quarter. We want to take this opportunity to thank those of you who have submitted your Daily Symptom Check responses. In the next week, we plan to onboard the remaining student population to the system.
How the application works
Students are expected to complete this symptom check daily. There are three ways to check in:
- Respond to the Email
Every student will receive a daily email. If you check in using the smartphone app, you can simply delete the email. At this time, there is no way for us to change the notifications that every student receives who is activated in the system.
- Smartphone App
Download the check-in app for Apple or Android from your app store. Search ’Now Mobile’. The email and the app work exactly in the same manner, so the method of interaction is based on student preference.
If you would prefer to use the app, look for:
Once in the Now Mobile app you will be prompted for UCI’s instance and nickname:
- Instance URL: uci.service-now.com (all lower case)
- Nickname: Production
Please contact the Employee Experience Center (EEC) at 949.824.9918 or email@example.com if you have any trouble downloading or using the app.
- Call the UCI Coronavirus Response Center
If you do not receive the email, and you are unable to use the smartphone app, you must call the Automated Daily Symptom Living Well Line at 949.824.0300 and answer the check-in questions.
Here are some tips to help you with the Daily Symptom Check:
- For students who are not on campus or do not plan to come to the campus, you can indicate “Not on Campus Today.” We encourage you to continue to monitor your symptoms and contact your health provider if you have symptoms.
- If you live out of the area, you are still required to participate in the Daily Symptom Check. Please indicate “Not on Campus Today” on the Daily Symptom Check.
- If you accidentally submit incorrect information, please contact the EEC at 949.824.9918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCI Student Affairs