On-Campus Residents: COVID-19 Testing Locations
October 1, 2020
Dear On-Campus Student Residents:
Mandatory weekly asymptomatic COVID-19 testing for on-campus student residents begins next week.
Testing is a critical component to our ability to maintain the health and well-being of the campus community during this public health challenge.
Schedule your weekly testing appointment on the Student Health Patient Portal.
There is NO COST for this testing series.
Instructions follow below.
Testing Dates, Hours, Locations
- Undergraduate student resident testing: October 5-9
- Graduate student resident testing: October 12-16
- Ongoing weekly testing for ALL student residents: October 19 until further notice. Testing appointments for the week of October 19 and beyond will not be available on the portal until on or around Wednesday, October 14. More information will be provided at that time.
- Weekday testing windows will be from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Testing appointments will be in 10-minute intervals. Appointment instructions follow below.
Testing Locations According to Residence
- Mesa Court, Middle Earth, Campus Village residents – The Bren Events Center
- Verano Place and Palo Verde residents – Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Yosemite Room
- Plaza Verde, Arroyo Vista, Camino del Sol, Puerta del Sol residents – Plaza Verde Community Center
- Vista del Campo and Vista del Campo Norte residents – Vista del Campo Community Center
- Student-Athletes ONLY – Prieto Sports Medicine Center (appointments available starting week of October 12)
The Testing Process
Sample collection will be conducted using a self-administered nasal swab, with instructions from an observer.
How to Schedule Your Appointment
- Log in to the Student Health Patient Portal with your UCINetID and password
- Select “Appointments” on the left navigation sidebar
- Select “COVID-19 Testing” – click “Continue”
- Select the testing location – click “Continue”
- Select “COVID-19 Mass Testing Scheduling” - click “Continue”
- Confirm your contact information (email address; local telephone; local address) – click “Continue”
- Enter your callback number (required in case Student Health Center staff needs to contact you regarding the appointment you are scheduling) – click “Continue”
- Schedule your appointment for either the week of October 5 (undergraduate students) or the week of October 12 (graduate students). Select only one testing appointment date/time during the week.
- Please add your appointment day, time and location to your calendar – and set a reminder! Click “Continue”.
- Confirm your appointment date and time and then click “Schedule”.
- You must click on “Schedule” for your appointment to be confirmed.
On the Day of Your Test Appointment
- Do your Daily Symptom Check.
- If you are not showing symptoms, keep your appointment and proceed to your testing location.
- If you are showing symptoms, do not go to the test collection site. Please contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301 for instructions. If you have health insurance other than UC SHIP and have your own primary care provider, then you should also contact your PCP’s office to advise them of your symptoms.
- Know where you are going and give yourself enough time to get there.
- Confirm the location of your appointment and locate it on the map.
- Plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Don’t leave home without these items:
- Face covering (and a spare face covering)
- Your Student ID card or another photo ID and your Student ID number.
COVID-19 test results will be available through the Student Health Patient Portal within 48-72 hours. You will receive an email notification when your lab results are available on the portal.
- Students testing positive for coronavirus will be contacted by SHC staff with instructions for isolation and treatment, and will be called by a UCI contact tracer for an interview.
- Students whose test results are “inconclusive” will be contacted by SHC with instructions for scheduling a repeat, follow-up test to be completed as soon as possible.
If you have tested COVID POSITIVE at a location other than at a campus testing site or at the Student Health Center, upload a copy of your POSITIVE test results through the Student Health Patient Portal for review and further direction. Upload instructions are here. You may be exempt from weekly testing for a period of three (3) months from the date of your positive test.
- Weekly testing is for UCI students only. If you have family members or dependents that want to be tested, please refer to the county test sites found on this website
- Staff are available at the testing site to assist students who require a special accommodation. However, if you have a disability that prevents you from taking a nasal swab test at a testing location, please contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301 for other testing arrangements.
- You will receive an email reminder 24 hours prior to your appointment. A text reminder will be sent one hour prior to the appointment IF you have opted in to receiving text messages on the portal.
- To reschedule: If you miss your testing appointment for some reason, please contact SHC’s appointment line at 949-824-5304 to reschedule for that week only.
- Residents who do not fulfill asymptomatic testing requirements may face student disciplinary action.
We want to thank you in advance for your cooperation with this testing process. While it may pose an inconvenience, testing is a critical component to our ability to maintain the health and well-being of the campus community during this public health challenge.
For questions regarding scheduling/rescheduling of appointments and/or testing results, contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301. For more information, visit the UCI Coronavirus Testing Website. For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish all UCI students a healthy and productive fall quarter!
Willie L. Banks, Jr., Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
University of California, Irvine