End of Sequestration
October 6, 2020
The post-move-in sequestration period has completed and may now move within your community, following all campus directives for COVID-prevention.
**Important Note: Students who are currently in quarantine must remain in place and continue to follow quarantine guidelines until they are notified that their quarantine is completed.**
Students released from sequestration should continue to:
1. Practice the three basics of COVID prevention: wear a face-covering outside of your room, maintain a physical distance of six feet or more, and frequently wash your hands.
2. Complete the Daily Symptom Check - https://students.uci.edu/daily-symptom-check.html
3. No guests or visitors in the hall/house or room. No one is permitted in your room except you. No one who lives outside your hall/house is allowed to enter the building.
4. No In-person gatherings except for activities sponsored by your housing community and carefully designed to conform to campus requirements listed in the Chancellor’s Executive Directive, issued on July 21, 2020.
5. Schedule their routine COVID test at one of the campus testing centers.
We hope you will enjoy getting outside and moving about the campus with a bit more freedom, but we urge you to continue to follow all public health guidelines issued by the campus.* Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disciplinary action. Some restrictions will continue beyond the sequestration period. Learn more about Student Housing COVID-related policies and other Student Housing policies on the Student Housing website.
*Please note that community center amenities, fitness centers, study areas, outdoor courtyards and BBQ areas will remain temporarily closed. We will inform you once these areas can reopen for use (within university policies, the Chancellor’s Executive Directives and city/county guidelines).
Thank you for helping move UCI FORWARD.