Changes to COVID-19 Testing Dates | Schedule Your Weekly Appts | Saturday Appts
October 14, 2020
Changes to testing dates
- UNDERGRADUATE student testing resumes next week – Monday, October 19.
- GRADUATE student testing resumes the week of Monday, October 26.
- Weekly testing for ALL STUDENT RESIDENTS begins on Monday, October 26 until further notice.
Recurring weekly appointments are now open! See below for instructions.
Saturday appointments are now available 8 a.m.-1 p.m starting October 24 at the Division of Continuing Education (DCE).
Schedule your weekly appointments
How to schedule your recurring appointment
- Log in to the Student Health Patient Portal with your UCINetID and password.
- Select “Appointments” on the left navigation sidebar.
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”.
- Select “COVID-19 Testing” – click “Continue”.
- Note the testing locations that are available.
- Select the testing location – click “Continue”.
- Select “COVID-19 Mass Testing Scheduling” – click “Continue”
- Confirm your contact information (email address, local telephone, local address) – click “Continue”.
- Enter your callback number (required in case Student Health Center staff needs to contact you regarding the appointment you are scheduling) – click “Continue”.
- Schedule your first and recurring appointments:
- Select a testing location from the drop-down.
- Click on “Search for Appointments”.
- Please select one of the days of the week and a time that is most compatible with your schedule and to which you can commit on a weekly, recurring basis.
- Student Health Center schedulers will then convert this appointment to a “recurring” appointment for your weekly testing.
- If your weekly recurring appointment falls on a holiday or if you need to reschedule, please call SHC’s appointment line at 949-824-5304 to reschedule that week’s appointment.
- Your original weekly recurring appointment will resume the following week.
- Please add your weekly recurring appointment day, time and location to your calendar and set a reminder! – click “Continue”.
- Confirm your appointment date and time and then click “Schedule”.
- You MUST click on “Schedule” in order for your appointment to be confirmed.
- You will receive an email reminder 24 hours prior to your appointment. In addition, a text reminder will be sent one hour prior to the appointment IF you have opted in to receive text messages on the patient portal.
Answers to a few common questions:
Why did we move the site locations from outdoors to indoors?
The collection sites were moved indoors due to concerns with inclement weather such as the heat wave we are currently experiencing and the air quality caused by local wildfires. We have temporarily reopened the Plaza Verde outdoor location to accommodate those that wish to use an outdoor venue. The sites will continue to have safety measures in place such as physical distancing markers, a touchless check-in process, plexiglass and physical barriers. Your appointment time is set up to minimize any overcrowding or long queues so that students can complete the process in less than 10 minutes. These plans have been discussed with the Orange County Public Health Agency.
Is there a place at the testing center where the collection can be done privately?
Every location has a private area for students to conduct the nasal swab. Just let the check in staff know you would like to use the private area.
Can I bring my child with me to the collection location?
We prefer that you do not bring children; however, we understand that it may be difficult to secure child care for a short period of time. If you do bring your child, please make sure they are wearing a face covering. You can also request to conduct the nasal swab in the private location with your child. Information & details »