Important Housing Updates for October 16th
October 16, 2020
Greetings Housing Residents!
As we head into the weekend, please note these Important Updates:
- Following campus directives and Housing Policies will keep you from being subject to disciplinary actions that may include interim suspension from campus and loss of on-campus housing. So far this quarter, there have been 10 interim suspensions resulting from COVID policy violations. Don’t be the 11th!
- You may now schedule a recurrent weekly asymptomatic COVID test at one of the campus COVID testing centers. Check your email for scheduling instructions sent from Student Affairs on October 14th.
- Saturday testing appointments will be available at the Division of Continuing Education (Yosemite Room) beginning on October 24th.
- Weekly testing of ALL ON CAMPUS RESIDENTS begins on Monday October 26th.
No matter what day of the week it is, continue to practice the three basics of COVID prevention: Wear a face-covering outside of your room, maintain a physical distance of six feet or more, and wash your hands frequently. Please also keep the following directives top-of-mind:
- Complete the Daily Symptom Check - https://students.uci.edu/daily-symptom-check.html.
- No guests or visitors are allowed in housing facilities. More information on the No Guest Policy is available here. Residents may submit a Request for Exception to this policy for essential services only. The request form is available on the Housing Gateway (under Other Tasks).
- No in-person gatherings. Residents are not permitted to host gatherings of any kind. Activities sponsored by your housing community will either be online/remote or carefully designed to conform to campus requirements listed in the the Chancellor’s Executive Directive, issued on July 21, 2020.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disciplinary action. All of the foregoing restrictions and requirements will continue until further notice. Learn more about Student Housing COVID-related Policies and other Student Housing policies is available on the Student Housing Website.
Thank you for caring about the health of the community and for helping move UCI FORWARD.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director