Halloween Festivities and Important Weekend Reminders
October 30, 2020
Greetings Housing Residents!
As we head into Halloween weekend, please remember that group gatherings greatly increase the likelihood of COVID spread and are banned by the university. Neither the virus nor the university make exceptions for holidays! We strongly urge students to:
- Refrain from in-person Halloween parties and gatherings! There will be conduct sanctions for students who violate this directive. As an alternative, attend one of the virtual programs offered by your housing community, or create your own online costume contest! Bottom line: Be Safe!
- Read Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Willie Banks, recent message regarding Halloween and keep that message in mind as you plan your weekend activities.
- Follow all campus directives and Housing Policies in order to support your health and keep you from being subject to disciplinary actions that may include interim suspension from campus and loss of on-campus housing.
- Continue to get your weekly asymptomatic COVID test at one of the campus COVID testing centers. Scheduling instruction here.
- Saturday testing appointments will be available at the Division of Continuing Education (Yosemite Room
With 4,213 COVID cases reported just yesterday (10/29/20) in Orange County, it’s still important to continue to practice the three basics of COVID prevention: Wear a face-covering outside of your room, maintain a physical distance of six feet or more, and wash your hands frequently. Please also keep the following directives top-of-mind:
- Complete the Daily Symptom Check - https://students.uci.edu/daily-symptom-check.html.
- No guests or visitors are allowed in housing facilities. More information on the No Guest Policy is available here. Residents may submit a Request for Exception to this policy for essential services only. The request form is available on the Housing Gateway (under Other Tasks).
- No in-person gatherings. Residents are not permitted to host gatherings of any kind. Activities sponsored by your housing community will either be online/remote or carefully designed to conform to campus requirements listed in the the Chancellor’s Executive Directive, issued on July 21, 2020.
Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disciplinary action. All of the foregoing restrictions and requirements will continue until further notice. Learn more about Student Housing COVID-related Policies and other Student Housing policies is available on the Student Housing Website.
Thank you for caring about the health of the community and for helping move UCI FORWARD.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director