COVID-19 Testing Open for Off-Campus Students - Monday, Dec. 7
December 4, 2020
On November 16, 2020 the County of Orange transitioned to Purple Tier requiring UCI to transition most in-person classes to remote instruction. While the majority of classes are no longer taking place in person, we are still offering testing to:
- Students residing off campus but who attended in-person classes during Fall 2020 or who regularly attended onsite events or activities
- Students residing off campus and involved in campus-based research
In accordance with the UCI Executive Directive – Student Testing, students entering or physically present on UCI controlled property must enroll in weekly asymptomatic testing.
- Bren Events Center
- Division of Continuing Education (DCE) Yosemite Room
- Plaza Verde Community Center
- Vista del Campo Community Center
Click here to schedule your weekly testing appointment.
How to schedule your recurring appointment
- Log in to the Student Health Patient Portal with your UCINetID and password.
- Select “Appointments” on the left navigation sidebar.
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”.
- Select “COVID-19 Testing” – click “Continue”.
- Select “Student COVID Testing” - click “Continue”.
- Note the testing locations that are available.
- Select a testing location – click “Continue”.
- Confirm your contact information (email address, local telephone, local address) – click “Continue”.
- Enter your callback number (required in case Student Health Center staff needs to contact you regarding the appointment you are scheduling) – click “Continue”.
- Schedule your first and recurring appointments:
- Select a testing location from the drop-down.
- Click on “Search for Appointments”.
- Please select one of the days of the week and a time that is most compatible with your schedule and to which you can commit on a weekly, recurring basis.
- Student Health Center schedulers will then convert this appointment to a “recurring” appointment for your weekly testing.
- If your weekly recurring appointment falls on a holiday or if you need to reschedule, please call SHC’s appointment line at 949-824-5304 to reschedule that week’s appointment. Please note: there must be a minimum of five (5) days between weekly testing appointments if you need to reschedule during any given week.
- Your original weekly recurring appointment will resume the following week.
- Please add your weekly recurring appointment day, time and location to your calendar and set a reminder! – click “Continue”.
- Confirm your appointment date and time and then click “Schedule”.
- You MUST click on “Schedule” in order for your appointment to be confirmed.
- You will receive an email reminder 72 hours prior to your appointment. In addition, a text reminder will be sent one hour prior to the appointment IF you have opted in to receive text messages on the patient portal.
For information and details, visit the UCI Coronavirus Testing Website for new information.
What should I expect on the day of my test? What should I bring?
- On the day of your testing appointment,
- Complete your Daily Symptom Check.
- If you are not showing symptoms, keep your appointment and proceed to your testing location.
- If you are showing symptoms, do not go to the test collection site. Please contact the Student Health Center at 949-824-5301 for instructions. If you have health insurance other than UC SHIP and have your own Primary Care Provider (PCP), you should also contact your PCP’s office to advise them of your symptoms.
- Know where you are going and give yourself enough time to get there.
- Confirm the location of your appointment and locate it on the map.
- Plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- Don’t leave home without these items:
- Face covering, plus a spare face covering
- Your student ID card or student ID number and another form of picture ID if you do not have your student ID card.
- Complete your Daily Symptom Check.
Please do NOT bring anyone with you unless absolutely necessary.