Important Undergraduate Housing Updates for January 29th
January 29, 2021
Hello Housing Residents!
As we wrap up week 4 of winter quarter, here are some positive developments and important reminders:
- Southern California Regional Stay-at-Home Order is lifted: In response to improving coronavirus conditions, the regional stay-at-home order was lifted on January 25th. While this is good news, Orange County remains in the Purple Tier. The Division of Student Affairs recently emailed reminders about ongoing policies that remain in effect for UCI Students:
- Gatherings are prohibited, including indoor gatherings in graduate and undergraduate housing communities.
- Face coverings are required in all public settings.
- Physical distancing is required.
- Students are required to continue with weekly asymptomatic testing.
- Students are required to participate in tthe daily symptom check.
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 Testing Site Changes: There are three locations open for weekly asymptomatic testing—Division of Continuing Education (Yosemite Room), Plaza Verde Community Center, and Vista del Campo Community Center. If you have not already done so, log into the Patient Portalto schedule your recurring appointment. Weekly testing is still required for all students living on-campus (excluding those with a temporary exemption from their healthcare provider).
- Campus numbers and a reminder about gatherings: I am encouraged to report a downward trend in positive cases on campus over the past two weeks! At the same time, however, a number of recent cases have involved gatherings of people from multiple Zot Pods. Please remember that gatherings are prohibited, and limit in-person exposure to your Zot Pod as much as possible. It makes a difference! Your commitment to prevention measures will mean fewer Anteaters becoming ill and/or having to endure isolation and quarantine. It has been a long haul, and we THANK YOU for your efforts!
To stay on top of campus COVID-19 information and updates, visit the UCI Forward Coronavirus Information Hub at https://uci.edu/coronavirus/.
If you have questions regarding these updates or other COVID-19-related issues in Housing, email them to HousingCovidQuestion@uci.edu.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director