Housing Updates for March 5th
March 5, 2021
Greetings Housing Residents!
Welcome to your weekend, with just two weeks left in winter quarter! Once again, thank you for taking the time to read through these updates and for continuing to follow prescribed prevention measures. Orange County remains in the Purple Tier, but we are hopeful that we are heading to the Red Tier soon. For now, permitted activities on campus remain as described in earlier emails and will likely remain that way through the end of the quarter.
There have been a few recent violations of the Purple Tier prohibition on gatherings that have led to interim suspensions. To avoid such consequences and to protect your health and that of others, please stay informed and comply with campus directives designed for your protection.
With spring break on the horizon, if you are still thinking about whether or not to remain on campus, here are a few reasons to consider staying:
- There will be things to do on campus during the break! Student Housing and Student Life & Leadership are co-sponsoring a series of activities and events for students living on campus, including:
- Game and movie nights
- Reserved workout hours at the ARC
- Paddle boarding and Kayaking outings
- A guided hike on local trails
- Service projects
- There will also be daily specials, a scavenger hunt, and swag bags as part of spring break dining service at Brandywine Commons in Middle Earth. (Students not holding a meal plan may purchase individual meals at Brandywine.)
- Public Health officials still recommend against non-essential travel. We may be in the waning phase of the pandemic, but travel only increases your chances of exposure to the virus.
- Students who travel over the break will be required to get a COVID test within 48 hours of their return and to sequester for 10 days, but those who stay will have no sequestering or additional testing requirement.
If you have not yet done so, please share your plans for spring break in this Campus Groups survey: http://cglink.me/2eo/s43212.This will allow us to plan for staffing and services over the break. If you completed the survey and have since changed your plans, please retake the survey to share your updated plans.
To stay on top of campus COVID-19 information and updates, visit the UCI Forward Coronavirus Information Hub at https://uci.edu/coronavirus/.
If you have questions regarding these updates or other COVID-19-related issues in Housing, email them to HousingCovidQuestion@uci.edu.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director