Spring Quarter: Additional Campus Services
March 25, 2021
We hope you are enjoying your much deserved Spring Break. We are pleased to share that the following locations will be open for Spring Quarter in accordance with Orange County’s move to the Red Tier:
- Residential Dining: The Anteatery and Brandywine will open for indoor dining with capacity limits set at 100. Following physical distancing guidelines, single seating will be available. Students with green ZotPasses will be welcomed to dine-in at both dining halls. Tables will be sanitized after every use. Face coverings are to be worn at all times when not seated and actively eating or drinking. Take-out options will still be available.
- Retail Dining: Panda Express, Starbucks at Biological Sciences and Med Ed Café will be open and available for take-out only.For the latest UCI Dining updates, follow UCI Dining on Instagram
- UCI Student Center: The UCI Student Center’s East Food Court and Terrace Lounge are open beginning March 29 for students to study on campus. Visit Book Smart online to learn more. The UPS Store is open and offering a variety of services. Please see the Student Center website for details.
- The Hill: Follow the Hill on Instagram for future reopening dates and for all store promotions/events. You can also visit shopuci.com for current store hours. For IDs or replacement IDs you can make your appointments through campusgroups.uci.edu.
- Anteater Recreation Center: The ARC will be open for reserved workouts on a daily basis. Following physical distancing and face covering guidelines, users will be able to utilize a new indoor fitness pod in the Main Gym, an outdoor fitness pod on the pool deck, outdoor F45 and yoga classes and lap swimming. Spring hours and additional information are available here.
- Library Services: Limited study spaces will be available by appointment in the Multimedia Resources Center and the Libraries Gateway Study Center. Students will be able to reserve specific study seats, including some private rooms and computer workstations, for 3 hour blocks of time in the morning and afternoon. Printing will also be available. The buildings will close at midday to allow extra cleaning.
Three new services will be offered: curbside drop box for returning library books – accessible from East Peltason Drive near the Student Health Center; a one-button studio in the Multimedia Resources Center that provides a simplified process for recording video presentations and podcasts; and laptops, iPads, and other equipment will be available to borrow from the Multimedia Resources Center.
Please know that these services are subject to change depending on campus and region’s public health status.
We will continue to monitor cases in the region and remain hopeful and optimistic that we will see cases continue to decline along with an increase in the county’s vaccination rates. Once the county moves to the Orange tier we will release more information on any changes to our operations based on county and CDPH guidelines.
Remember to continue with your daily symptom check, wear your face covering, participate in asymptomatic testing, and maintain physical distancing while on campus. Let’s continue to do our part by keeping the campus community safe and healthy.