Housing Updates for May 7th
May 7, 2021
Hello Housing Residents!
Two good news items to start: We are more than halfway through spring quarter classes, and there have been no COVID cases reported on campus for three weeks! This bodes well for a smooth finish to the academic year, assuming we all continue to follow prevention measures in place on campus. Perhaps the most important action you can take right now is to schedule your Covid vaccine if you have not already done so. UCI Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services team can help you do that if you call them at (949) 824-2300.
Here are a few other important reminders:
- Upload your vaccine record: Once you get that vaccination, upload your vaccine record to the UCI Student Health Patient Portal to acquire an exemption from weekly Covid testing (14 days after your last dose). Your ZotPass will indicate your vaccinated status and you will then be exempted from weekly Covid testing.
- Vaccine mandates for Fall 2021: If you get vaccinated now, you will be in compliance with the anticipated COVID-19 vaccine mandate for students, staff and faculty for Fall 2021. This proposed policy is under review and is expected to be adopted in the coming weeks, once the FDA issues its approval of at least one vaccine and widespread availability of vaccine. More information is available here.
- Campus COVID-19 policies still apply after vaccination: COVID prevention policies remain in effect for all students, vaccinated or not—including those regarding face masks, social distancing, and prohibitions on guests. Violation of those policies will still be subject to a response from the Office of Academic Integrity and Student Conduct (OAISC). UCI will continue to review federal and state guidance and regulations, as well as campus conditions, and update campus guidelines accordingly.
- End date for early termination requests is May 28, 2021 (by 5:00 P.M., PT):Housing contracts in Arroyo Vista, Mesa Court, and Middle Earth end on June 12, 2021. Students requesting an early termination of their contract must complete paperwork, receive approval, and vacate housing by May 28th. Termination requests after this date will not be approved.
- Fall 2021 occupancy plan update: Student Housing will begin contract offers for fall 2021 in the coming weeks for double occupancy rooms in Arroyo Vista and for single- double-, and triple-occupancy rooms in residence hall communities (Mesa Court and Middle Earth). There is no housing guarantee, but we will offer housing to as many students as space allows. Housing rates for 2021-22 are posted on the Housing Website. Learn more about the 2021-22 housing process here.
If you have questions regarding these updates or other COVID-19-related issues in Housing, email them to HousingCovidQuestion@uci.edu.
Tim Trevan, Executive Director