Pre-move in info
August 20, 2021
Fall quarter begins in just over four weeks, and this email is intended to help you prepare for your arrival to campus. As you finalize your class schedule and order your books, be sure to familiarize yourself with COVID-19 prevention measures and wellness resources that will be in effect this fall.
Please complete all the steps listed below to ensure a smooth arrival for fall quarter:
- Get your COVID-19 vaccine and upload your record to the Student Health Portal! This is the most important step you can take right now to help assure a safer campus this fall. If you upload your COVID-19 vaccine record or an exception or deferral request to the Student Health Portal by August 27, 2021 you will be eligible for an incentive drawing that includes priority registration for classes in the upcoming academic year. Your ZotPass status will take into consideration your vaccination status, among other factors, and could impact your mobility on campus.
- Report summer COVID-19 cases to Student Health: If you tested positive for COVID-19 over the summer, upload your test result documentation to the Student Health Portal by September 6, 2021. This will impact your testing requirement at move-in and possibly into fall quarter.
- Start Submitting the Daily Symptom Checks: Respond to the Daily Symptom Check email or install the ‘Now-Mobile’ app on your smartphone. These daily checks will continue during the fall quarter and are required for all students regardless of vaccination status. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you should stay home and not attend class or work, and you will be evaluated by the Student Health Center and referred for COVID-19 testing if appropriate.
- Mandatory Masking: Make sure you have an ample supply of face coverings, since all UCI students, faculty, and staff are required to wear face coverings indoors, except when alone in an enclosed space. This will include common areas in your housing community, outside of your private living space (hall room or apartment). See the Chancellor’s Executive Directive on Face Coverings for further details and information.
- COVID-19 Testing: All students who have already moved into Graduate & Family Housing or one of the American Campus Communities are required to obtain a COVID-19 test at the UCI Student Center on one of the following dates: Sept 7, 8, 9 and 10, or Sept 13 and 14. Schedule your test on the Student Health Portal. All students moving into on-campus housing later in September will be tested at move-in. Look for details in your Housing assignments email and move-in guides coming in early September. Those who are not fully vaccinated will be required to test weekly as well.
For more information on topics covered in this email, visit the UCI Forward Website.
We look forward to seeing you in September!
Tim Trevan, Executive Director
If you need assistance or you are having trouble uploading your COVID-19 vaccine record, Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services (CTVNS) is available to help and can be reached at email@example.com or at 949.824.2300.
To request a medical exemption, religious objection, disability exception, or deferral during pregnancy, please visit this Student Health Center webpage. This page includes step-by-step directions on how to submit your request.
For questions or if you need assistance with finding a COVID-19 vaccine location near you, please call CTVNS at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 949.824.2300.
Thank you for doing your part to keep the campus community safe!