UCI Forward

UCI Forward is our commitment to the well-being of our community as we ramp up campus operations. Working together, each of us doing our part, we can move UCI Forward.


Housing Updates for August 27

Section 1

August 27, 2021

Dear Anteaters: 

Greetings on this last Friday of August! With just a few weeks of summer remaining, it’s time to take action on any fall quarter preparations you have not yet completed.

  1. Upload your vaccine record or request for exception or deferral to theStudent Health Portal by September 6th. More than 80% of housing contract holders have completed this important step, and if you are among them, thank you! For the remaining 20%, please take action now on this campus requirement. Starting in the Fall, your ZotPass status will take into consideration your vaccination status, among other factors, and could impact your mobility on campus. Vaccines are readily available in the community, and students in the area may call the Student Health Center at (949) 824-5304 for a vaccine appointment. If you need assistance uploading your records or finding a vaccine location near you, contact UCI Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services at 949-824-2300 or contacttracing@uci.edu for assistance.   
  2. Start Submitting the Daily Symptom Check-ins: Respond to the Daily Symptom Check email or install the ‘Now-Mobile’ app on your smartphone. These daily checks will continue during the fall quarter and are required for all students regardless of vaccination status. The Student Health Center will follow-up with students who report symptoms and refer them for COVID-19 testing if appropriate. 
  3. ZotPass Basics: Starting this Fall Quarter, UCI students will be required to show their ZotPass to gain access to some campus locations, including dining commons and the Anteater Recreation Center. It tracks compliance with University Policies around COVID-19 prevention, including completion of the Daily Symptom Check, Vaccine Policy compliance, and COVID-19 testing requirements. More information on the ZotPass will be sent out prior to the start of Fall 2021.

 All of these requirements are designed to safeguard the health of our campus community, and failure to comply with them will result in a loss of privileges including loss of access to the University WiFi system, a registration hold on your records, and a referral for disciplinary action. Returning to campus this fall is a big deal for all of us, and we greatly appreciate your efforts to do this right, ensuring a positive experience for all!

Other things to keep in mind in the final sprint toward fall quarter: 

  • For those who have complied with the COVID-19 Vaccine Policy, Housing assignments for the Residence Halls and Arroyo Vista are scheduled to be emailed on the evening of September 7th.
  • Move-in information will be available on the Housing Website beginning on September 1st, including Community Guides and general information about preparing for move-in and Move-in Day procedures.
  • Face-coverings will be required at move-in and throughout fall quarter in indoor spaces. 

For more information on topics covered in this email, visit the UCI Forward Website.

We look forward to seeing you in September! 

Tim Trevan, Executive Director
Student Housing

If you need assistance or you are having trouble uploading your COVID-19 vaccine record, Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services (CTVNS) is available to help and can be reached at contacttracing@uci.edu or at 949.824.2300.

To request a medical exemption, religious objection, disability exception, or deferral during pregnancy, please visit this Student Health Center webpage. This page includes step-by-step directions on how to submit your request.

For questions or if you need assistance with finding a COVID-19 vaccine location near you, please call CTVNS at contacttracing@uci.edu or at 949.824.2300.

Thank you for doing your part to keep the campus community safe!

#SleevesUpUCI