Winter 2022 COVID-19 Compliance: Non-Covered Individual Attestation & Exempted StudentsID-19 Vaccine Policy Compliance for Students Entering Winter 2022
November 30, 2021
Dear UCI Student,
Our records indicate that you filed an attestation as a Non-Covered Individual (NCI) for Fall Quarter 2021 or you were exempted from the UC COVID-19 Program because you were only enrolled in online courses. Your attestation or exemption expires at the end of the Fall Quarter on December 10, 2021. In order to remain compliant with the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program you must do one of the following:
- Submit your vaccination record by January 3, 2022;
- Submit a request for an exception or deferral by January 3, 2022; or
- If you do not plan to be physically on campus for ANY reason and you remain enrolled for the Winter Quarter, you can download, complete, sign, scan and upload the UCI Student Attestation Form as a Non-Covered Individual to the Student Health Patient Portal.
More information about the policy and its implementation at UCI can be found on the UCI Forward website.
Vaccine documentation can be submitted at the UCI Student Health portal. You can submit your proof of vaccination or your request for an exception now. If you are requesting an exception, you should submit your request as soon as possible. If you wait until the deadline to submit a request, you may not receive a timely response.
As a reminder, students who fail to upload a vaccination verification or an exception or deferral request are subject to:
- Loss of access to UCI’s Wi-Fi system, UCI Mobile Access.
- Registration hold that restricts the ability to register for classes.
- Noncompliance notifications that will result in a referral to the Office of Academic Integrity and Student Conduct for disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, probation, suspension or dismissal.
Exception and deferral forms, and instructions for submitting them can be found on the Student Health portal.
Once your exception or deferral request is reviewed, you will receive a message containing the decision and next steps. If you will have only received your first dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine by January 3, 2022 please upload your first dose documentation now, and your second dose as soon as you receive it.
Review the UCI Forward page for more information about returning to campus and COVID-19 vaccines.
If you have questions regarding vaccination compliance, or if you need assistance with seeking a vaccination site near you, please call Contact Tracing and Vaccination Navigation Services (CTVNS) at 949-824-2300 or email email@example.com. CTVNS can also assist international students with issues related to vaccine documentation and can answer questions as to whether vaccines received internationally meet the UC COVID-19 Vaccine Policy requirements.
Thank you, again, for your attention. We look forward to welcoming you back to campus this winter.
Willie L. Banks Jr., Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs
University of California, Irvine