Information Regarding Staff Return to Campus Following Winter Administrative Recess
December 22, 2021
Staff at UCI have much to celebrate. Your hard work and dedication to our university, combined with your commitment to UCI Working Well™ practices over the past year, have allowed UCI to continue our mission of educating our students in a healthy environment. Thank you.
As a follow-up to Chancellor Gillman’s ZotMail of Tuesday, December 21, 2021 regarding winter instruction, this message confirms that campus will resume normal operations on Monday, January 3, 2022.
While instruction will be remote for the first two weeks of winter quarter, the campus will remain fully operational. This means that staff will return to their normal work schedule on Monday, January 3, 2022 unless modified by the appropriate dean, vice chancellor or unit head.
You can help UCI return to our current standards of operation as quickly as possible by doing the following:
- Get your booster as soon as you are eligible; boosters will be required for all staff, faculty and students by January 31, 2022 – watch for a separate message regarding this requirement.
- Get a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to your return to campus.
- Testing is available at most pharmacies either in-person or take home.
- Once back on campus, we encourage you to get tested at one of the campus sites within the first week.
- The drop-in campus asymptomatic testing center at the Student Center reopens on January 2, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m. Student Center, University Club and Plaza Verde testing centers open on January 3; learn more about all testing sites and hours of operation here. You can also schedule an on-campus asymptomatic COVID-19 test here.
- Practice COVID-safe measures over the holidays.
- Monitor your health over the holidays and resume use of the daily symptom check on January 3rd. Do not return to on-site work if you have any symptoms.
Please contact your manager or supervisor if you have specific questions regarding returning to work.
On behalf of the UCI leadership team, we wish you a safe, healthy and joyous winter recess.