Housing Updates for January 14
January 14, 2022
Dear Housing Residents!
An email was sent on January 10th with updates on the return to campus for the restart of in-person instruction on January 31st. For those of you who have not yet returned to campus, please note these important take-aways from that email:
- Plan to return to campus at least 7 days prior to your first in-person class in order to complete required testing. For example, if you plan to attend in-person classes on January 31, 2022, follow this timeline:
- Jan 24: return to campus and test at testing site or use antigen home kit
- Jan 28: go to 2nd test at testing site or use antigen home kit
- Jan 31: release from sequestration
- Before your return to campus, complete a COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to your return date. Testing may be available at pharmacies either in-person or take home. If you test positive, please do not return to campus until you have met criteria to exit isolation as found on the UCI Forward Isolation and Quarantine page.
When you return to campus housing, complete the following steps:
- Pick up a COVID antigen self-test kit from your community housing office. It will contain two antigen tests.
- Use one test upon arrival and the other five days later.
- If you test positive on either test, report your COVID-positive status on the Student Health Center patient portal immediately. Someone from Student Health or Contact Tracing will contact you by email within 24 hours. Student Housing will contact you by phone with instructions for isolation. Stay in your room, minimize contact with others, and wear a face covering except while sleeping.
- If your initial COVID test is negative, sequester for seven days, or until you obtain a second negative test. During this time, leave your residence only for essential activities – such as work, food pick-up, or medical care – or to participate in low-risk outdoor recreation. Avoid large gatherings, such as athletic events, movie theaters, or indoor concerts.
- If you are an unvaccinated student with an approved exemption, antigen testing does not replace your requirement to test weekly.
We understand the stress of living with these ongoing public health challenges, and we will continue to do all we can to support you as you return to campus and resume in-person instruction.
The UCI Forward website continues to be the best source of information on COVID-19 and the campus response.