Housing Updates for May 13
May 13, 2022
Greetings Housing Residents,
We hope your spring quarter is going well. This update is intended to help you stay well and manage the ongoing challenges of COVID-19 on campus. We continue to see increases in positive cases since the April update issued by the campus COVID-19 Response Team. A few suggestions included in that message are worth repeating here.
- It remains highly recommended to wear face coverings indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you have symptoms, please stay home.
- COVID-19 testing remains available on campus.
While we wish good health for all students as they wrap up the school year, we are also here to support students who test positive for COVID-19. On-campus testing results are automatically shared with Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services, followed up by outreach to arrange for 5 days of isolation. If you test positive using a home antigen or PCR test result after hours, please note the following guidance from the COVID-19 Response Team:
- Wear a mask at all times, except while sleeping, and encourage your roommates to do the same
- Stay in your room except to use the bathroom
- If you are able, open a window to your room to increase ventilation
- Keep as much distance as possible between you and your roommates
- Report your case on the Student Health Patient Portal and respond yes to the daily symptom check the next morning.
- Call UCI Contact Tracing and Vaccine Navigation Services at 949-824-2300 and leave a message reporting your case with the best phone number to reach you, and staff will reach out to you the next morning. Once you have spoken to Contact Tracing, arrangements will be made for you to move to isolation housing.
- If you believe you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
We appreciate the ongoing strain that COVID-19 has added to the lives of students. We will continue to do all we can to keep you informed and to help you navigate isolation, should that be required. Thank you for remaining both vigilant and flexible.
Visit the UCI Forward Website for more information and resources.